1. No listings are coming up when I’m searching- is something wrong?
No, gayroom8 is a brand new site so it will take some time for members to populate the site. We greatly appreciate your patience!
2. How is gayroom8 different than other sites, like Airbnb?
Gayroom8 is not involved in the exchange of money between you and other members, nor do we book or reserve anything. We simply provide a platform to connect and communicate, like a classifieds service. Also, gayroom8 does not advertise nightly rates- all rent prices are listed as monthly rates (much cheaper for everyone).
3. Do I have to pay to post listings or browse available people and spaces?
No- posting and browsing is completely free! But you need to enroll in a subscription if you want to contact other members, or receive messages from other members on the platform.
4. Is it okay to communicate with other members outside the gayroom8 platform?
Yes and in fact, we hope you do. We’re here to help make the connection between you and other members around the world.
5. Can straight people use gayroom8 too?
Of course! We welcome any gay-friendly people to use the platform and have profile settings available for our hetero friends too.
6. Is gayroom8 safe?
Yes- we use a third-party vendor that verifies IDs and we monitor the platform for any suspicious activity or inappropriate, threatening or abusive behavior. Please see our Privacy/Safety Policy.
7. Will my personal/contact information be given or sold to third parties?
Absolutely not. We respect your privacy (and we hate spam too).