Last updated: April 27, 2021
The terms “you” and “your” refer to you as an individual.
Gayroom8 is committed to being as transparent as possible about the use of your data, to allow you to understand the implications of the data processing implemented or the rights you have regarding your data.
- Moreover, information regarding each processing of your data will also be provided to you as you interact with the Gayroom8 Platform.
IMPORTANT. Gayroom8 implements and constantly updates administrative, technical and physical security measures in order to protect your data against unauthorized access, loss, destruction or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment and therefore Gayroom8 cannot fully guarantee the security of the transmission or the storage of your data.
1. Who is responsible for handling your personal data?
Those responsible for handling your personal data is: GAYROOM8.COM, LLC an American company. All users located both inside and outside the United States and using the PayPal payment facilitator for their Gayroom8 transactions.
2. What data is collected by Gayroom8?
Gayroom8 collects four (4) major types of personal data outlined below.
Please note that some of this data is displayed on the public pages of your Member Profile and your Listing, and therefore becomes freely available to any visitors of the Site and the Application.
2.1. The required data for access and use of the Gayroom8 Platform
When Gayroom8 asks you to enter your data to allow access to one of the functionalities or services of the Gayroom8 Platform, certain fields may be mandatory.
This is data that Gayroom8 needs to provide the service in question or to enable access to applicable functionality or services. If you decide not to provide this data, it is possible that your registration as a Member cannot be completed or that you cannot benefit from the full range of the Services offered by Gayroom8.
Some of the recipients of your personal data may be located in countries which are not members of the European Union and which have not been the subject of an adequacy protection decision by the European Commission. In such case, we ensure that this transfer is carried out under conditions in accordance with the laws and regulations in force by taking all appropriate measures and under legal, technical and operational guarantees capable of ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal data, in particular by signing standard contractual clauses provided for by the European Union or any other mechanism in accordance with the regulations in force.
- Gayroom8 Account, Member Profile and Platform access Data. You should provide all required data when registering as a Member on the Platform to create or update your Gayroom8 Account and Member Profile. Certain features of the Gayroom8 Platform may be accessible to you without creating a Gayroom8 Account, but by providing minimum data (such as your email address) in order for Gayroom8 to be able to identify you and to monitor the provision of the Services to you.
- Listing Data. You should provide data such as the type of Rental, its physical address and photographs to create or update your Listing. If required by local regulations, you should provide data such as a tax identification number or the Rental registration number obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Identity verification data. Gayroom8 may ask you to provide your identity information and seek to verify it via a third-party vendor by asking you to provide a copy of an identity document. Please note that a dedicated icon appears on the public of your Member Profile after your identity has been verified.
- Address verification data of the Rental. To increase confidence in your Listing, to comply with applicable laws, regulations or order from the authorities, or to fight against fraud or crime, Gayroom8 may ask you to provide supporting proof of the Rental address you entered to verify accuracy of the address of the Rental.
- Communication data with Gayroom8. When you contact Gayroom8 for assistance or to request information, you provide data about your communications, such as their content. Calls made to Customer Service may be recorded for the purpose of checking the quality of the service provided and gathering evidence. You maintain the right to object to the recording of your call when it begins. Please note that Gayroom8 collects the telephone number you use to contact Customer Service and associates it with your Gayroom8 Account, if it is different from the telephone number initially entered.
- Communication data with other Members. When you communicate with other Members via the Gayroom8 Platform, you provide Gayroom8 with data such as the content of these communications.
- Payment data. To register for a Gayroom8 Account, you will need to provide your bank, credit, and/or debit card details. Please note that if your payment is made via one or more Third-Party Payment Processor(s) used by Gayroom8, your bank details are directly collected and encrypted by this (or these) Third-Party Payment Processor(s), without this being directly collected neither visible by Gayroom8.
- Complaint and dispute data with other Members. When you file a complaint with Customer Service, or a complaint against another Member related to a dispute between both of you, you must provide a certain amount of data in order for Gayroom8 to conduct the most accurate possible analysis of the facts.
2.2. Additional data that you can choose to provide to Gayroom8
You can choose to provide additional data for various reasons, such as enhancing the attractiveness of your Member Profile and/or Listing, answering questions from other Members, or sharing your personal experience.
- Additional Gayroom8 Account and Member Profile data. You will need to provide required data to your Gayroom8 Account and your Member Profile such as, but not limited to, a Member Profile picture, your gender identity, your sexual orientation, your age, your interests and a personal description in order to present yourself to other Members.
- Additional Listing Data. You can choose to add data to your Listing such as a description of the neighborhood, the Rental, its facilities and the amount of the deposit, if you require it.
- Others. You can choose to provide Gayroom8 with data when, without being exhaustive, you join a promotion campaign or contest, fill out a form, add data to your Gayroom8 Account, take surveys or apply for a job offer, interact with Gayroom8’ social media accounts, use other features and programs of the Gayroom8 Platform.
2.3. The data that Gayroom8 automatically collects
When you access to and use the Gayroom8 Platform, Gayroom8 automatically collects data, including personal data.
Please note that you can object, by adjusting the settings of your browser or your connection device, to some part or entire (depending on the technology used) collection of this data. However, you understand that blocking some of this data may degrade, restrict or prevent access to, use and performance of the Gayroom8 Platform.
- Location data. To provide you with a personalized experience according to your geographic location, Gayroom8 may collect data on your approximate or exact location such as the IP address received from your browser or the GPS positioning of your connection device.
- Connection data. Gayroom8 automatically collects data related to your connection to the Site or Application, such as the IP address, dates and times of access (even if you do not have a Gayroom8 Account).
- Connection device data. Gayroom8 collects data on the devices accessing the Site, the Application and the Services, such as the type and/or model of the device you are using, the operating system used, the device settings or the version of the Application used. These data are necessary for Gayroom8 to (i) monitor the traffic to the Site and the Application, and (ii) edit such Site and Application in the best way. Also, this data is automatically processed by the Gayroom8 system as well as those of some of Gayroom8's partners (such as Google Analytics) in order to provide you with Services and advertisements adapted to the technical characteristics of your device.
- Browser data. Gayroom8 automatically collects data on the browser configuration, its plug-ins and your language preferences, in order to provide you with appropriate navigation on the Site.
- Browsing data on the Site and the Application. Gayroom8 automatically collects data and metadata on your use of the Site, the Application and the Services and how you interact with them, such as your clicking (including on links to third-party applications), your research, consultations or viewing content.
- Data of email communications. Gayroom8 automatically collects data on the emails that Gayroom8 sends to you, such as their readings or clicks you make on the links contained in these emails.
2.4. Data that Gayroom8 collects from third parties
Gayroom8 may collect data about you, including personal data, provided by third parties when you access to and use the Site, the Application and the Services. It may also be possible that Gayroom8 obtains data from other sources and combines it with the one Gayroom8 collects itself.
- Data obtained through association with a third-party Social Networking Site. You can link, pair or connect your Gayroom8 Account to a third-party Social Networking Site (for example when you connect to the Site or the Application via your Facebook or Instagram account). In this context, when a third-party Social Networking Site is activated, Gayroom8 is authorized to connect and access other data made available to it in accordance with the agreement made by Gayroom8 with the third-party Social Media Site. You understand that the data which Gayroom8 thus accesses are controlled by the third-party and depend on the permissions that you have transmitted to such third-party. Please check the privacy settings of these third-party Social Networking Sites to find out what data may be disclosed to Gayroom8. Please note that Gayroom8 does not receive identifiers or passwords from any of these third-party Social Networking Sites when these are connected to the Services.
- Background data. In fighting against fraud and crime, Gayroom8 may use your data (including your full name and date of birth) to obtain extracts from public records on criminal convictions or registration in local sex offender registries, or your criminal record (to the extent permitted by law and with your consent, if required).
- Legal and administrative situation data. In relation with the laws and regulations regulating the marketplaces and/or their users’ activity, Gayroom8 can obtain, from the relevant authorities, data concerning your legal and/or administrative situation in a given locality, such as your compliance with the duty to register short-term rentals.
- Data combination. To the extent permitted by current law, Gayroom8 may receive additional data about you, such as demographics, location data or fraud-related detection data, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine them with the data that Gayroom8 has on you. For example, Gayroom8 may receive fraud alerts from service providers with which Gayroom8 works, as part of fraud prevention and risk assessments.
- Other sources. Gayroom8 may receive data about you and your activities on and off the Site or the Application through partnerships with third parties, or about your experiences and interactions via the advertising partner networks maintained by Gayroom8.
Third parties liability.
Gayroom8 does not control, monitor, nor is accountable for the policies and/or practices adopted by third parties in processing the data they transmit to Gayroom8. Furthermore, Gayroom8 is not responsible for the accuracy of the data provided by third parties. Therefore, any request for information related to the disclosure of your personal data to Gayroom8 should be addressed to these third parties.
3. For what purposes does Gayroom8 use my data, and on what legal grounds?
Depending on how you interact with the Site, the Application or the Services, your data will be stored and processed for the purposes described below. At the same time, you are informed of the legal basis which allows Gayroom8 to process your personal data for the relevant purpose.
3.1. Offer and customize access to and use of the Gayroom8 Platform
The processing of your data is based on the performance of the agreement that you have with Gayroom8, your consent, as well as on the pursuit of legitimate interest, of a commercial nature, that Gayroom8 considers to have to adapt and personalize your access to and your use of the Gayroom8 Platform.
Your data will be processed to:
- Create a Gayroom8 Account, complete your Member Profile and identify yourself as a Member;
- Allow you to access to and use the various functionalities of the Site, the Application and the Services, the availability of which is reserved for Members and/or completion of certain conditions/actions;
- Allow you to communicate with other Members;
- Send you support or service messages, updates, security alerts and Account notifications;
- In the event that you provide contact details of your contacts to Gayroom8: (i) fraud detection and prevention measures, and (ii) for any other purpose authorized by you at the time of collection of this data;
- Personalize and adapt your experience on the Gayroom8 Platform (for example by ranking search results), by data profiling according to your interactions with the Gayroom8 Platform, your Member Profile information and preferences, as well as other data that you provide by accessing to and using the Gayroom8 Platform;
- Allow you to disable or delete your Gayroom8 Account. To do so, please refer to section 8.1.
3.2. Assessing and improving the Gayroom8 Platform
The processing of your data is here required for the performance of the agreement that you have with Gayroom8, the compliance by Gayroom8 with its legal obligations and the pursuit of the Gayroom8 legitimate interest in improving the Gayroom8 Platform. This legitimate interest of Gayroom8 can also be combined with yours when, for example, Gayroom8 seeks to develop more ergonomic features or provide new services that are more useful, efficient and/or comprehensive.
Your data is used to:
- Conduct research and development in order to assess and optimize the Gayroom8 Platform and its Services, and/or develop new features;
- Send you satisfaction surveys or feedback requests following, for example, the use of certain features or after contacting Customer Service;
- Track the patterns of behavior of users of the Gayroom8 Platform to determine their performance, by data profiling according to your interactions with the Gayroom8 Platform, your search and booking history, your Member Profile data and preferences, as well as other content that you transmit to Gayroom8, the purpose of this profiling leading to help optimize the Gayroom8 Platform.
3.3. Facilitate and manage payments made via the Gayroom8 Platform
The processing of your data is here required for the performance of the Services and for the compliance by Gayroom8 with its legal obligations.
Your data will be processed to:
- Allow you to make payments for your Gayroom8 Account via the Gayroom8 Platform;
- Charge you for the provision of some of the Services (in particular, without limitation, by the payment of any Gayroom8 service fees);
- Create and make available to you receipts for payments made on the Site and the Application;
- Allow the integration and operation of the payment services provided by the Third-Party Payment Processor(s) with which Gayroom8 works;
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money-laundering / fraud regulations);
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents and other detrimental payment activities;
- Carry out security inquiries and risk assessments.
3.4. Maintaining and strengthen trust and security on the Gayroom8 Platform
The processing of your data is here required for the performance of the agreement between Gayroom8 and you, as well as for the pursuit of the Gayroom8 legitimate interest to carry out the verifications, inquiries and operations necessary to (i) fight against harmful or illegal activities on the Gayroom8 Platform, and (ii) protect users, Members and/or any third-party.
Some forms of data processing, for example in the context of the fight against certain illegal activities, is also required by the compliance by Gayroom8 of its legal obligations.
Your data will be processed to:
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents and other detrimental, illegal activities or that violate the Gayroom8 Terms or the laws and regulations in force. In connection with the above activities, Gayroom8 may perform data profiling based on your interactions with the Gayroom8 Platform, the information you produce and the content you transmit on the Gayroom8 Platform, as well as information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may consider a transaction/activity to be one of the above activities, and lead to the blocking of this transaction/activity (for example, the suspension of your account or the blocking of content);
- Carry out security inquiries and risk assessments;
- Verify or authenticate (identification) data transmitted by you (for example, checking the address or registration number of your Rental or matching the photo on your ID documentation with another photo sent by you);
- Perform data checking using databases or other sources of information (including a police or background check), to the extent and the manner permitted by applicable law;
- Restrict or suspend access to or use of the Gayroom8 Platform if Gayroom8 detects a Member or an activity which, according to Gayroom8, represents a security risk or another type of risk for Gayroom8, other Members or third parties;
- Preserve and/or defend the vital interests and fundamental rights of a Member or any other person;
- Resolve any disputes that Gayroom8 may have with its Members and users, and enforce contracts that bind Gayroom8 with third parties.
Please note that in order to best fulfill its objectives of maintaining security on the Gayroom8 Platform, Gayroom8 may use automated technologies. The detection by these automated technologies of what may be illegal or suspicious activities, can lead to automated decision-making, such as the partial or total blocking of your Gayroom8 Account, your content, your Payments or your access to and use of certain features. Please note that, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you can request a human review by Gayroom8 of any automated decision-making affecting you. If you are not a resident of the European Economic Area, you can make a similar request, however, Gayroom8 is not obliged to respond to this request and may do so only to the extent possible and reasonable.
3.5. Provide efficient Customer Service
The processing of your data is here required for the sake of the pursuit of the legitimate interest that Gayroom8 considers having, to provide the most effective help possible to users who contact Gayroom8 by the various existing means of contact. This legitimate interest is combined with your own
interest, since the processing of your data allows Gayroom8 to properly manage your requests and answer the questions asked.
Depending on the matter of your request, the processing of your data may also be required by (i) the performance of the agreement binding you to Gayroom8, for example when you submit a complaint concerning the Services, or (ii) the compliance by Gayroom8 of its legal obligations, when, for example, you submit a complaint aimed at enforcing your consumer rights or concerning personal data.
Your data will be processed to:
- Identify you, identify the other Members mentioned if required in your request and identify the right contact for you;
- Identify and assess the purpose, cause and/or reasons for your enquiry or your request, carry out the relevant research and obtain any useful details to answer it;
- Identify and assess your particular situation in the context of spontaneous contact to share with you any information that Gayroom8 considers useful with regard to your rights, duties and activities on the Gayroom8 Platform;
- Resolve disputes between Members, or between Gayroom8 and a Member;
- Respond urgently to any request involving the safeguarding of fundamental rights or vital interests of any person;
- Investigate a harmful action of which you are the perpetrator, or of which you are the subject or which you would witness;
- Monitor and improve Customer Service responses and practices.
3.6. Provide and customize advertising and market the Gayroom8 Platform
The processing of your data is here required for the pursuit of the legitimate commercial interest that Gayroom8 considers having, to undertake marketing activities to advertise and market the Gayroom8 Platform and the products and services offered on it, and in doing so, sustain and grow its business activity.
In addition, certain processing of your data may be based on your consent, for example, when you agree to (i) receive marketing messages via your email address, (ii) receive notifications on your mobile phone, (iii) or by publishing content on the Gayroom8 Platform or Gayroom8 social media.
Your data will be processed to:
- Send you promotional messages, commercial, advertising and other information which may interest you according to your preferences (including information on Gayroom8 or concerning the campaigns and services of our partners) and social media advertisements via the third-party Social Networking Sites;
- Personalize, assess and improve advertising;
- Perform data profiling on your features and preferences in order to send you, as a Member, promotional, commercial information or advertising that might interest you.
- Invite you to participate in promotional activities or events (taking into account your preferences and interests).
3.7. Compliance with legal requirements, response to formal notices and preparation for legal proceedings
The processing of your data is here required by the compliance by Gayroom8 of its legal obligations, and the performance of the agreement that you have with Gayroom8.
Your data will be processed to:
- Restrict or suspend access to or use of the Gayroom8 Platform if it is detected that a Member or an activity represents, according to Gayroom8, a security risk, a breach of the agreement you have with Gayroom8 or applicable laws and regulations;
- Comply with Gayroom8’s legal and tax obligations;
- Comply with an order from the authorities to Gayroom8 and to formal notices validly issued;
- Work with local authorities within the framework of voluntary or mandatory agreement and comply with the local regulations governing the activity of Gayroom8 and those of users of the Gayroom8 Platform.
4. Additional information about the processing of your data
4.1. Sexual orientation data
You can identify yourself as ‘gay’, ‘lesbian’, ‘bisexual’ and/or ‘gay-friendly straight’ on the Gayroom8 Platform. Sexual orientation is a category of data held as "sensitive" or "specific" by several regulations in various States, including the General Data Protection Regulation adopted by the European Union ("GDPR"). This sensitive data is therefore subject to special protection at Gayroom8.
The legal basis for the collection and processing of this personal data by Gayroom8 is your consent. Your identification as ‘gay’, ‘lesbian’, ‘bisexual’ and/or ‘gay-friendly straight’ on the Gayroom8 Platform is your full choice, and you can freely change it. To withdraw your consent to the processing of this sensitive personal data, please check the other “Other” identification from your Gayroom8 Account. If necessary, Gayroom8 will not keep any history, in the database, of your previously identified sexual orientation. Gayroom8 only collects and processes this personal data for the purposes of information of your Member Profile and for other Members and users
Please note that by providing this data about your sexual orientation, you consent to its publication on the public page of your Member Profile which is visible to any visitor of the Site and the Application.
4.2. Additional information about your communications via the Gayroom8 Platform
Gayroom8 may review, scan or analyze your communications on the Gayroom8 Platform (send to other Members or in the context of interactions with Customer Service). Such processing is required by the compliance by Gayroom8 with its legal obligations as well as the performance of the agreement between you and Gayroom8, but also justified by the Gayroom8’s pursuit of its legitimate interest in providing and improving the performance of the delivered Services.
In particular, the review, scan or analysis of your communications allows Gayroom8 to (i) comply with common regulations and standards related to content management and the fight against illegal content, (ii) fight against fraud, violation of applicable laws, regulations and Gayroom8 Terms, (iii) allow Customer Service to carry out effective actions, (iv) conduct research and analysis in order to monitor, develop, improve and optimize the Gayroom8 Platform.
Please note that to carry out these treatments, Gayroom8 uses automated technologies as much as possible. However, manual human review of certain communications may be necessary, in particular, without limitation, during the mediation offered by Customer Service in the resolution of disputes which may arise between Members. Gayroom8 undertakes not to review, scan or analyze your communications in order to send you commercial communications from third parties, and will not sell the results of these reviews, scans and analyses.
4.3. Additional information on commercial communications
Gayroom8 may use your personal data to send you and personalize commercial communications. Such processing of your data is done, depending on localities, based on your consent.
You have the right to unsubscribe from the commercial communications that Gayroom8 sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscription" or "unregister" link in the marketing emails that Gayroom8 sends you. Finally, if your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you can at any time ask Gayroom8 to stop processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.4. Additional information on promotional offers and contests
5. How long does Gayroom8 keep your data?
Gayroom8 keeps your Member Profile, your transactions and communications data, as well as other personal data, as long as you have a Gayroom8 Account. Other data is stored for a reasonable period of time after its collection: for example, identity verification data is kept for a period not exceeding two (2) years after its collection.
Please note that when you request the deletion of your data (by sending an e-mail to email@example.com), it will be deleted immediately, except in the cases and for the time periods explained in section 8.1.
6. Data sharing
To provide you with access and use of the Gayroom8 Platform, as well as to ensure its maintenance and development, Gayroom8 is required to share data with a certain number of actors, as described below.
6.1. Sharing with other Members
All of the data you provide during the registration process will be available to other Members via the Gayroom8 Platform with the exception of the following data:
- Your payment/billing data
- Your last name
- Listing addresses
6.2. Sharing to the general public
All of the data you provide during the registration process will be available to the general public (that is to say available to any person without that person needing to register on the Gayroom8 Platform) via the Gayroom8 Platform with the exception of the following data:
- Your payment/billing data
- Your last name
- Listing addresses
Please note that the data that you share publicly on the Gayroom8 Platform may be indexed via third party search engines. Gayroom8 has no control over the practices of third-party search engines, which may use cache memories containing personal data that is no longer updated or that you have indicated that you no longer wish to share publicly on the Gayroom8 Platform.
6.3. Data sharing with official authorities
Gayroom8 may be required to disclose data, including personal data, to official authorities (such as government authorities, tax authorities, administrative authorities responsible for law compliance and enforcement, judicial authorities) or to third parties authorized by these authorities.
When required or permitted by law (in the context of voluntary collaboration), such disclosures to the authorities described above may occur in the following situations:
- Disclosure to enable Gayroom8 to comply with its legal and/or tax obligations;
- Disclosure due to Gayroom8's duty to respond to legal requests addressed to it, in due form, by the authorities described above;
- Disclosure, spontaneously or at the request of the authorities described above, of any alleged or suspected illegal activity requires, or any other activity that subjects or may subject Gayroom8 (including, its directors, its employees), its partners, its Members or its users to legal liability;
- Disclosure, spontaneously or at the request of the authorities described above, of any alleged or suspected illegal activity requires, or any other activity which undermine or could undermine the rights, property or personal security of Gayroom8 (including, its directors, its employees), its partners, its Members, its users and the public.
Registration of Rental activity with local authorities. Please note that Gayroom8 encourages or requires the rental activity to be regular, and that such rental activity and/or the Rental has been registered with, authorized or licensed by the local administration, when required by local regulations. In some cases, because the law or regulations require it or for the implementation of a voluntary collaboration agreement made with an authority described above, Gayroom8 may transmit data concerning the legal situation of the rental activity and/or Rental to said authorities. If necessary, Gayroom8 may be required to transmit data relating to the relevant Rental, your identity, as well as the details of any Listing posted on the Gayroom8 Platform.
6.4. Data sharing with service providers
Gayroom8 uses various third-party service providers to help it provide the Services related to the Gayroom8 Platform, including, without limitation, payment services, identity verification, customer support and advertising. These service providers are based in North America.
The access enjoyed by these providers is limited to the only information required for the fulfillment of their assignments. Furthermore, Gayroom8 requires its service providers to (i) protect the data transmitted; (ii) use the data transmitted for the sole purposes decided by Gayroom8; and (iii) destroy the transmitted data once the relevant assignment has been completed.
7. International data transfers
Gayroom8's activity is international. Thus, Gayroom8 may have to transfer, store and process your data in and outside of the European Economic Area.
Applicable data protection laws and regulations vary among localities. When personal data collected by Gayroom8 within the European Economic Area is transferred, stored and processed outside of it, Gayroom8 ensures the implementation of appropriate protection measures to ensure a proper level of data protection.
8. Your rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal data. You will find below a summary of these choices, how to exercise them and any restrictions that may apply.
8.1. Deletion of your data
Please distinguish between the deactivation of your Gayroom8 Profile and Listing, which allows your Member Profile or your Listing to not be visible to other Members temporarily, from the deletion of your Gayroom8 Account, final action which leads to the deletion of the data associated with your Gayroom8 Account.
If you want to temporarily deactivate your Member Profile or Listing, you can do so at any time by going to the "Settings" section then un-tick the relevant box (either ‘User Profile Status (visible)’ or ‘Listing Status (visible)’).
You can permanently delete your Gayroom8 Account at any time by going to the "Settings" section then ‘Delete My Account’ under ‘Account Status’. Once your Gayroom8 Account has been deleted, all your Listings will be deleted and you will not be able to reactivate your deleted Gayroom8 Account, nor access the data associated with it. If you wish to re-connect to the Gayroom8 Platform, you will have to re-create a Gayroom8 Account without being able to associate or recover the data from your old Gayroom8 Account.
When you request the deletion of your data, it will be deleted immediately, unless:
- The applicable regulations allow, or require, the storage of data for a given period (billing data for example);
- Data is required for the establishment, exercise or defense by Gayroom8 of its legal rights, for example, in the event of an unpaid balance, claim or unresolved dispute; the data will then be deleted once the dispute ends;
- Data is required for security and fraud prevention purposes, for example, when Gayroom8 deletes a user's Gayroom8 Account due to unsafe behavior or security-related incidents, retaining data may be required to ensure that this user does not create a new Gayroom8 Account in the future.
8.2. Your rights to data protection as a resident of the European Economic Area
As a resident of the European Economic Area, you are entitled to certain rights about the processing of your data. Please find below the nature, the limits and the manner of exercising these rights.
8.2.1. Data access
You have the right to request Gayroom8 access to the data that Gayroom8 has about you. Please note that if you are a Member of the Gayroom8 Platform, much of this data can be accessed from your Gayroom8 Account.
8.2.2. Data management and rectification
You can access, correct or update most all your data in the ‘Settings’ section of your Gayroom8 Account. When you cannot access, correct or update some of your data in the settings of your Gayroom8 Account, you have the right to request the rectification of this data via Customer Service, or by using the contact details specified at section 10.
You are responsible for keeping your personal data up-to-date, which you can modify yourself from your Gayroom8 Account. Any damage or loss caused to the Gayroom8 Platform, to the Gayroom8 Platform, or to any other third party on the grounds of providing incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data is your exclusive responsibility.
If you have chosen to connect your Gayroom8 Account to a third-party application, such as Facebook or Google, or Instagram you can change your settings at any time and withdraw the authorization to connect to the third-party application by changing the settings in your Gayroom8 Account in the ‘Settings’ section.
8.2.3. Data portability
As described in section 3, when the processing of your data is based on your consent or the performance of the contract with Gayroom8, you have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to Gayroom8, in a structured format, in current
use and machine-readable form, in order to be able to transfer it directly to another entity, provided that is technically possible.
8.2.4. Withdrawal of consent
You can freely withdraw your consent, at any time, for any processing of your data that Gayroom8 performs on the basis of your consent. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent has no effect on the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal.
8.2.5. Objection to the processing of your data
You can ask Gayroom8 not to use your personal data for certain specific purposes (including data profiling) if said processing is based on a legitimate interest. If you object to this processing, Gayroom8 will no longer process your personal data for these purposes, unless Gayroom8 can demonstrate (i) serious and legitimate reasons for this processing which prevail over your own interest, or (ii) that this processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
8.2.6. Limitation of the processing of your data
You can ask Gayroom8 to limit the processing of your data, which involves:
- Temporarily suspend the processing of the relevant data, in the cases where (i) you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, or (ii) you have raised an objection to the processing and wish to limit the use of your data while waiting for the review on the whether the legitimate interests of Gayroom8 prevail over yours;
- Temporarily keep the relevant data beyond the time required if you need it (i) in the cases where you consider the processing to be illegal, or (ii) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You have the right to file a complaint concerning the data processing carried out by Gayroom8 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in one of the member States of the European Economic Area, you can also file a complaint with your local supervisory authority (see contact information of local supervisory authorities here).
10. Contact Gayroom8
If you wish to receive any additional information concerning the processing of your personal data by Gayroom8, or seek to exercise your rights, please find the relevant contact details below:
1610 Meridian Ave Ste. 1, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA